Monday, March 22, 2010

Squirrel Attack!!!!

I made a bad choice this past weekend by leaving one of the side panels open when installing shade cloth on both of my two cold frames. I felt that airflow would be important at this time of year as the trees start off. By installing the shadecloth I can keep the soil moisture and sun at a contolable level instead of fighting the terrarium like experience with the warm weather we have been experiencing.

How the shadecloth will work will remain to be seen but after one day with the side panel off a squirrel snuck into the upper bed and had some serious lunch on my newly sprouted seeds. Devestating. In addition to an unknown amount of Acer Palmatum seeds I may have also lost my Chinese Elm seeds as that area of the bed was also torn up. I also for sure lost all of my Oak acorns. It is my own fault I should have kept all of the sides covered until the trees established themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment